Wednesday, October 30, 2019

New Job = Pain



I recently started a new job about 3 weeks ago as a merchandiser. I'm enjoying the job so far but having issues with pain and walking. I think once I get used to being more active and walking on hard surfaces it should get better.

My feet feel like they've turned into blocks and my legs are SOOOO sore. I've actually bruised on my hips where the hips meet the legs and walking has been a real chore. Even straightening up from sitting has been difficult. Since last Friday I've been really struggling.

My poor fibro body is just hating me right now. As some of you know I am unmedicated and have been for at least 10 years of the 21 I've been diagnosed. I don't tolerate meds well except a couple of over the counter pain relievers (thank heavens) for when it gets bad.

So, what I've been doing for the last week is the following - if ANYONE has any other suggestions I'm all ears!

1) Shoes off as soon as I get home (my feet are VERY tender especially around the baby and big toes. I had to buy new shoes and can only wear Dr Scholls tennis shoes - they seem to work best with my hip issues.
2) Foot Soak - I dug through my cabinet and have been using Village Naturals Therapy line. They have a WONDERFUL line for Aches & Pains Muscle Relief that have eased my pain and the feeling of swelling in my feet (I don't have any swelling just a block like feeling lol).
3) I've also been using a LOT of heat therapy. I personally use a heated mattress pad during the cold months or I'm not able to function in the morning. I've had enough of crawling to the bathroom in the morning because I can't stand up straight after lying down for a few hours overnight. It was either that or start sleeping in a recliner.

First I soak my feet in the Aches & Pains Muscle Relief Concentrated Mineral Bath Soak which has Eucalypus to revitalize & restore, Spearmint to refresh & renew and Menthol to soothe and comfort. They use essential oils and extracts along with a combination of Sea Salt & Epsom Salts to ease tired muscles.

After the water cools and I've dried my feet I use the Aches & Pain Muscle Relief Hand & Body Lotion which has Eucalyptus, Wintergreen and Aloe to refresh & renew your feet. My feet feel nice and relaxed and cool by now.

I noticed they have a Chronic Pain & Fatigue line as well. I think I may try that next. Their prices are very reasonable. On the website the items above are only $6.99 each and they have a $1 coupon online that you can use if you'd like. I usually buy mine from Walmart where their display is back in the cosmetic area set up right as you walk in.

If anyone has any other suggestions to help me with the job and pain control I'd love to hear it. I had forgotten how painful being on hard floors is and walking for the 6.5-7 hours a day I'm doing has been very hard on my Fibro.

Linked up @
Wonderful Wednesday Hop: https://ducksnarow.com/?s=wednesday+hop

Disclaimer: This review was not requested by Village Naturals and no compensation was received. I am not a medical provider and I'm just sharing my experience. If you have any concerns I would suggest you speak with your Dr.. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment