Saturday, October 12, 2019

Honey apple crisp ~ Yum!


Today I thought I'd share a favorite desert. It's based on a recipe for Apple Goodie my aunt once made when we went to her house for desert and games and I've tweaked it to make it my own.

When I was growing up my mom only cooked with honey. Now, I can't stand the taste of honey on it's own but add some apples, cinnamon and oats and it makes a awesome Apple Crisp. Add some caramel and whip cream or vanilla ice cream and it tastes like heaven. This recipe doesn't need to be adjusted - this is the recipe I personally use when making Honey Apple Crisp.

There are a couple things to remember when cooking with honey.
1) Lower the oven temperature 25 degrees
2) Use half the amount of the sugar in a recipe if you are using sugar. So, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar then use a 1/2 cup of honey. Simple.

Honey Apple Crisp
3 cups apples, sliced (I don't peel it but you can if you want)
1/2 cup honey
1 Tb flour
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)

Mix together and put into a 9x9" pan.

Topping:
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup flour
1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter (or margarine)

Mix together completely and crumble over the apple mixture in the pan.

Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

This recipe is pretty sweet and rich. If you'd like to adjust the amount of sugar feel free to. This has already been adjusted as it had a LOT of sugar to start with and this is less than 1/2 of what was originally called for.

Enjoy!

Linked up @
1)  Friendship Friday w Create with Joy
2) Friday Feature with Oh My Heartsie Girl
3) Inspire Me Monday w Create with Joy
4) A Gathering of Friends
5) Hearth & Soul with AprilJHarris
6) Friday at the Firehouse
7) What are you doing? with Content in the Meantime

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with us at the GATHERING OF FRIENDS LINK PARTY 8, pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your post on my What Are You Doing? blog hop! This apple crisp recipe looks delicious! I will have to try it over the Fall/Winter season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sara =D I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! cbd patches wholesale

    ReplyDelete