Thursday, October 31, 2019

Leg pain, yoga & chiropractics

Hi everyone! 

About 3 weeks ago I began training for a new job as a merchandiser in one of the big box stores and am really enjoying my job. One of the things I didn't think about when I joined was the fact that I would be walking on hard concrete type floors and that is something that my fibromyalgia or my back doesn't like. Last Friday I worked 6 hours and it took me till Wednesday of this week to fully recover. I also worked this Monday and I think that's why it took so long. BUT yesterday (Wednesday again) I worked 6.5 hours and I'm in NO WHERE near the pain I was in. So, hopefully my endurance is growing and soon I won't feel the pain I was in.


Related image
Today I visited my chiropractor. My chiropractor specializes in trigger point and myofascile release and I have used her for relief of my chronic pain with fibromyalgia as well as my migraines for about 3 or 4 years. I have spoken on GivingNSharing before about the severe pain I've had with my new job and today I decided to ask Dr Kayla if she had any stretches or tips I could use to ease the severe pain.

Related image
Dr Kayla told me today that the issue isn't my feet or ankles - it's my calves. Which really surprises me. At first my calves were really sore because of the bending required for one of my tasks but yesterday and today they aren't bothering me at all. She showed me a couple of stretches. One focuses on the achilles tendon & is also helpful for Plantar Fascitis and the other focuses on stretching the toes. (My pain has been in the arches of my foot, the sides of my big toe and the side of my baby toe.)

One of my favorite yoga therapists on YouTube is Yoga with Kassandra. She has a video called Yoga Poses to Relieve Foot and Ankle Tension.  I also really like Michelle Kenway who does more work with Kegels and Core Strength. I didn't see anything on yoga though for feet/ankles and calves on her YouTube page unfortunately.



I hope this information helps someone else avoid the severe pain I've had for the last week. Stay tuned and I'll try to post some of the things that the guy at the health food store suggested. He made a couple of suggestions that I'd like to try such as magnesium, enzymes, water drinking, etc but I need to learn more and then actually buy some of it so I can give my opinion on it. 

As always, Thanks for Listening!

Featured THIS WEEKEND at:


Linked up to:
1) Farm Fresh Tuesdays
2)  Thursdays Favorite Things
3) Friday Features
4) Friendship Friday
5) Hearth & Soul Party
6) Bloggers Pit Stop

Disclaimer: The information found in this blog is not intended to take the place of a Drs advice. Please contact your medical team with any questions you may have and before you begin a new routine. The information shared on this blog is based on my own experience and whether it has helped me or not.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found relief! This is good info for everyone, but I have a friend with severe foot, ankle and calf isssues...so I am sharing your post with her. :)

    Thanks so much for sharing with us on Farm Fresh Tuesdays...I hope you'll update us this week!

    ReplyDelete