Thursday, September 26, 2019

Classic Storybook: The Monsters Monster


I thought I'd share one of my favorite storybooks tonight. It's an older book from 2012 - it's so much fun to read this book and get into character. I usually end up making my throat very sore and scratchy about half way thru. I love this book!

This fun story is about 3 little monsters who learn about manners, courtesy, respect and kindness from a surprising source. The "big, bad" monster that they created all by themselves. This story is well worth investing in the hardback book - you will be reading it over and over and over again.

The Monsters' Monster
by Patrick McDonnel
$ 4.79 (Thriftbooks, used copy)
$ 17.09 (Amazon hardback) $15.57 (paperback)

Once upon a time, there were three little rascals who thought they were the BIGGEST, BADDEST monsters around. Then along came an even BIGGER monster who changed their minds. And all it took was two little words. In this playful tale from bestselling picture book author Patrick McDonnell, a very BIG monster shows three very BAD little monsters the power of boundless gratitude.

Monster Crafts and Activities:
1. Paperbag monsters
2. Papercone monsters by Easy Peasy and Fun
3. 20 crazy easy monster crafts by Brooklyn Farm Girl
4. Monster Math Games by The Measured Mom
5. Monster Music & Songs

Reading App: Teach Your Monster to Read
This is the program that Gianna loves to play. She began playing this at around 3.5 and at 5.5 is almost all the way through the game. She is only allowed to play it in the car while we are picking up kids from school so it's pretty limited. She began reading just after her 4th birthday and I think this game is a big reason why she began reading so early (along with all the reading we've done together, sesame street and the one on one I've done helping her). It's available on most electronic devices: Laptop, Computer, Kindle, Ipad and Android devices. Learn more here.


Disclaimer: This review is based on a book I have in my personal collection and read to my daycare kiddos. I think I actually love it even more than they do! No money exchanged hands and I received this book to review about 7 years ago from the publisher or maybe the author. At this point I don't remember. Enjoy!

Linked up at: (both are monthly linkups)


4 comments:

  1. Hey! This looks like a lot of fun. I would have followed up on this back when my kids were small. Thanks for coming by the Legacy Link-up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when books teach little lessons but are still great fun! Thank you so much for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Tina, on your new blog!
    This looks like an adorable book!
    Thanks for sharing at The Book Nook at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete