Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Changes are a comin...

I've come to a realization or two in the 5 weeks since I closed my daycare doors and began working for someone else:

Most importantly, I had forgotten how difficult it is working for someone else.

Wow! Currently (as of the last 5 weeks) I am working as a courier. I like the job for the most part. It's easy and it's nice meeting new people. But the boss doesn't pay on time (always a day late), he takes his stress out on the drivers. I don't handle conflict well and his screaming and yelling at us has been really difficult to get used to. And the cars we are driving weren't safe at all when I started. I very nearly quit when the van I was driving wouldn't stay running and died when I had 2 cars and a semi on my tail on F Street. Then he put me in another car that was worse. I was actually told to not turn the car off until I got back to the office because it wouldn't start again. I called mom and asked her to begin praying - these cars are not safe.

This job will likely only be for the next week or two. Thank heavens. I want a job where I feel valued and like I'm making a difference. Being a courier is ultra easy and like I said I like the customers for the most part. But when you have a question on how to handle something (and no one has told you and you've never picked up something for them) you shouldn't get put down and torn apart.

Hopefully I will have great news in the next week or so. If so, I will be moving out of state mid October and starting a new chapter in my life. 

Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment