Friday, April 17, 2020

A curious happening....


Today was one of those days that I had to push myself through work and then took a "quick" trip to Joanns. A quick trip these days involves a hour (plus) long wait outside because during this difficult time Joanns is only allowing 10 people inside at a time. Now there are good things and bad things that go with that rule -

The good:
* Short lines (inside anyway) at the cutting table, the registers and everywhere else including the little girls room.
* No kids screaming and having meltdowns. That's rather nice in a fabric store.

The not so good:
* L-O-N-G waits outside, after work when your feet ache and the rest of you do too.
* There's no "quick" trip to the fabric store. Ever.

Anyway, while I was shooting the breeze with the gal 6' away a man pulled up in a pickup and asked if we were making masks. We all kind of look at him like "huh"? He says again, "Are you making masks, getting supplies?" I answered, "Most of us". (Still a little clueless.) And he asks "are you donating them"? I answered "Some." He waved me over and hands me a $20 toward the cost of my masks. He asked me to use the money for supplies to donate more masks "because he doesn't know how to sew" and he'd like to pitch in some. I kind of wish I'd gotten his name. Or his phone number....

So, I used his $20 to get LOTS more interfacing (then I'd planned & could afford) and some cool patriotic fabric to make up some masks for the local Vet's Hospital about 2 blocks from my house. One of my former daycare moms works as a counselor and I told her she could either keep them for her office to use for home visits or donate them to the hospital itself. Use them where they could be used the most. I'll also through in some girlie type masks. ;)

Do you have a quarantine/isolation story? Please share your story in the comments or if you have one on your blog share the link for everyone =D

(A quick clarification - Nebraska is not a state on lockdown. I am a essential employee who is also making masks when I'm not working and they didn't have any interfacing or thread at work which I needed. Nebraska is just participating in the 6' apart rule and common sense lol. Anyway no lectures please.).

Thanks for reading! ~Tina

Linked up @
Friendship Friday ~ Create with Joy
Funtastic Friday ~ Coastal Bohemian
Friday at the Firestation



No comments:

Post a Comment