Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Bible Study, Fear, Stress & Covid-19


Howdy everyone! It's 1:15 am and I am wide awake. Actually I went to bed around 930 thinking I'll read and instead I fell asleep. 10:30 pm and I was wide awake. That's how my nights roll when I go to bed before midnight. How about you?

This week has been interesting. Sort of. Friday I saw a friend briefly and without thinking I accepted a hug from her two kiddos. No one was coughing, sneezing, feverish, etc.... By Monday they were all sick. I called my Dr who had me call Methodist hotline and they decided I was "Low Exposure" and "Negative" likely and asked me to self monitor from home for a few days. Since I'm still working I called my boss, let her know what's happening and I've been home Tuesday and Wednesday and will likely be back at work very soon since I'm not showing any symptoms. I feel fine. A bit tired but that's normal Fibro stuff especially since I don't sleep like a normal person. We'll see how it goes. Please pray that nothing comes of this.

This week I also joined a online Bible Study called Faith Over Fear. While I'm not feeling like I'm fearful in this whole Covid-19 pandemic "thing" I am feeling stressed some and stress is my fibro trigger - it brings sleepless or lack of restful nights, higher pain levels and exhaustion.
My thoughts are that getting together with other women who are struggling whether from fear or stress (or other issues) it will help me focus on something else. Also, as my illness progresses and with the stress of my very physical job I'm not able to participate in church regularly and small groups with other women like I'd like to. This is the next best thing.

We would love for you to journey with us this month (for the next 100 days) as we direct our hearts and our minds on Faith! Click Here to join us - no book is needed although if you'd like to follow along with us you can purchase the book "100 Days of Faith over Fear" for $13 in the group. Just ask Shauna how to order it or click on the name of the book above. This is more than just a bible study but a chance to gather together online to fellowship and study what the Bible says about conquering fear by focusing on our faith in Christ. There will be scripture prompts, prayer request opportunities, readings, zoom gatherings and fellowship too!

100 Days of Faith over Fear
by Lisa Stilwell
With the Maker of heaven and earth by our side, we have nothing to fear! In this 100-day journey to a fearless life, you'll find space to reflect on God's strength, courage and unwavering love for you. With encouraging devotions, empowering Scriptures and heartfelt prayers, 100 Days of Faith over Fear will help you release your worries, cares and concerns to your all-powerful, almighty God.

Hope to see you there! ~ Tina "The Book Lady"

Linked up @
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop (ducksnarow)
Booknificent Thursday (Mommynificent)

Disclaimer: I am not receiving any reimbursement or reward for sharing my thoughts or the link for the book or bible study. At times I may share products or items that I liked or am paid to share and think my readers will enjoy. This however is not one of them.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect timing on the Bible study topic! And it really IS strange not to be able to greet our friends in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We truly are blessed to have so many wonderful resources at our fingertips and to connect with others with the help of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good word you did
    9th class notes

    http://notes.com.pk/category/notes/9th-class-notes/

    ReplyDelete